December 24, 2009

Merry Christimas and Happy New Year!

Well I didn't quite succeed on getting the blog caught up on everything before the holidays, but I got close. And 8 posts in one week is by far a new record so I didn't do too badly. I'll write some more posts about Tabaski and other things after New Year's, but in the mean time... I've added pictures of my family's Tabaski celebration to my Life of a PCV album if you'd like to check them out.

In the morning I'm headed to Dakar for a bit of an orphan's Christmas with some friends. It certainly won't be the same as being home for Christmas (which I'm trying not to think about because its too sad), but we're going to prepare delicious American food and hang out by the pool so it should be fun. We're also going to head up north to St. Louis to stay on the beach for a couple of days. It sounds like there will be a huge group of volunteers up there for New Year's, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. It will be nice to have a little American time to relax and hang out away from site.

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Try not to get too cold over there with all of that lovely winter weather :)

P.S. 221.77.330.4845...feel free to call if you're bored on Christmas day (or whenever) and want to say hello ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment