February 6, 2010

Food Poisoning to the Extreme

I’m sure you’re all getting sick and tired of me saying, “I swear, I swear I’ll get the blog caught up to the present soon!” but I’m afraid I have to say it one more time. Yet again, a brush with some unknown and rather unpleasant illness has thwarted my attempts at productivity. This time, I am told that it’s a nasty bout of food poisoning that has put me out of commission for the last five days. Well I don’t know if I buy a case of food poisoning lasting for that long, but OK. Either way, it’s been another “my body is vehemently protesting living here” kind of week, so I apologize for the lack of new updates.

In an attempt to bribe you/slash spruce things up a bit though, I have given the blog a bit of a face lift, which I’m enjoying immensely. In addition to the sweet new background, I also updated the package list a bit and added some links. The links go to the blogs of four of my closest friends here in Senegal, each of whom is infinitely less of a procrastinator than I am. Therefore, their blogs are much more current if you care to check them out. Also, if you click on the map of Africa on the right-hand side, it will take you to the lovely PC Senegal website. From there you can learn all you ever wanted to know about Peace Corps Senegal and what we’re up to over here.

So here’s hoping that food will start being my friend again super quickly because February is a busy month. And don’t worry, new posts will be right at the top of my to do list when my body gets back in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment