PCV Elizabeth Corkery
Corps de la Paix
B.P. 2089 Ndorong
Kaolack, Senegal
West Africa
Par Avion
(Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself by telling the world that I'm a PCV when I'm actually still a PCT for another 2.5 weeks, haha). So if you are inclined to send me a letter or even a package, send it to the above address in Kaolack from now on. If you send the mail to Thies I might not get it because after October 16th (the day of swear-in), I won't be back at the Training Center until January. Which means I won't get your mail for forever and any packages could get sent back to the states since PC staff won't pay to pick them up for me.
I've added a little wish list for package items on the side of my blog, below the "About Me" section. Unsurprisingly for anyone who knows me, it is mostly food that is either impossible or too expensive to procure here but is amazing and I miss it. So if you feel like sending a package my way, please do and you'll have my undying gratitude :)
Also, some brief guidelines on packages... it is recommended to buy flat rate boxes so that they are not so expensive. Its a good idea to write "religious material" or "personal items" on the outside so that they are less likely to be opened and tampered with on their way from you to me. Also try to seal things in plastic bags so nothing can get to them. Plus plastic bags are always useful for me to have around. And if you don't want to send a package (because I know they are pretty expensive), I would still love to get letters because snail mail in general is awesome and getting it makes me happy!
P.S. in case this lengthy post about mail wasn't a big enough hint...here's a not so subtle reminder that my birthday is October 11th! So while your packages/letters might not get to me before then, belated birthday mail would be AMAZING and receiving it would probably make my day/week.
No comments:
Post a Comment